What Is Digital Marketing?
In short, it’s simply marketing online – and it’s how the majority of successful businesses today are getting their brands and products in front of both prospective and existing customers.
The Golden Rule of Marketing
Digital marketing allows you to build a presence in these same online areas, so customers can learn more about you and even contact you directly.
How It Works
Just like traditional marketing before it, digital marketing is being used by companies to develop mutually beneficial relationships with customers, leads and prospects.
Nowadays, most purchases begin with a simple online search. The decision made as a result of this search will depend on any reviews read, and the impression made by the company in question’s online presence. This is why having an online presence is essential, regardless of what is being sold.
The key to digital marketing is using a variety of digital channels to connect with your followers in the places they are already frequenting. Proven ways to successfully reach out include:
- Posting relevant industry news that positions you and/or your business as an expert, discusses problems, and explains how they can be solved
- Sharing content on social media that encourages engagement
- Using search engine optimisation (SEO) to ensure content is seen once it goes live
- Using paid online advertising to drive traffic to your website
- Using email marketing to ensure your audience continues to be aware of what you can offer
What Are the Benefits?
The benefits of digital marketing are numerous:
- It makes it easier to create engagement and awareness
- It helps convert new buyers into repeat customers
- It encourages social sharing and online word-of-mouth
- It presents the right offers at the right time
In conclusion, embracing digital marketing is essential to support company growth and digital transformation. Not having a plan in place to implement it will result in loss of revenue caused by competitors who are more digitally savvy.